migration: parameterized statement and cursor

От Aleksey Onopriyenko
Тема migration: parameterized statement and cursor
Дата
Re: migration: parameterized statement and cursor  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello.

We are trying to migrate from Informix 9.4 to PostgreSQL. As part of migration we are porting our client application.

So we need reimplement such functionality:
1. Declare a cursor using to _parameterized_ SELECT statement. It should be possible to specify cursor's name (and, perhaps, the statement) dynamically.
2. Open that cursor (in another C-function) passing parameters to it.
3. Fetch records from result set.
4. Close the cursor.

Steps 2-4 may be repeated if necessary.

Is it possible with ecpg or libpq?