Re: --enable-xml instead of --with-libxml?

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: --enable-xml instead of --with-libxml?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 4/5/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
[...]
> If I am wrong and it's better to leave libxml2-free capabilities, then IMHO
> we need to reflect it explicitly in the docs, what requires libxml2, and
> what doesn't

Agreed, let's do the later and update the documentation.

So, you are agreed that I am wrong :-) Well... I would be happy hear some arguments, but I cannot insist on it :-)

Also, do we
output a helpful message if someone tries to use a libxml2 function that
isn't available.

Yep, here it is:

INSERT INTO xmltest VALUES (1, '<value>one</value>');
ERROR: no XML support in this installation

I suppose we should change it to "no libxml2 support in this installation", shouldn't we?

--
Best regards,
Nikolay