Re: Fwd: [NOVICE] Trigger and Recursive Relation ?

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: Fwd: [NOVICE] Trigger and Recursive Relation ?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 8/2/06, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Postgres work  this way? In the case of 'delete from tbl;' we
> have search condition>=TRUE for all rows. If we evaluate it *before*
> any other operation, we should mark  all rows to be deleted. I guess,
> Postgres doesn't follow this logic..

My assumption: Postgres takes one row, marks it as deleted, then
executes trigger and updates another row. Due to MVCC new version of
that row is created and in the following iteration Postgres simply
doesn't "see" this row...

I don't understand how this can be called "not bug"... Please, help me
understand it :-)

--
Best regards,
Nikolay