Re: move databases from a MySQL server to Postgresql.

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: move databases from a MySQL server to Postgresql.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/23/23 13:45, Alfredo Alcala wrote:
> Hello
>
> I need to move some databases from a MySQL server to Postgresql.
>
> Can someone tell me the migration procedure, tools and recommendations?

I'm not an expect on this, but migrations tend to be somewhat
application-specific. I'd suggest you take a look at this wiki page:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL#MySQL

and maybe try some of the tools mentioned there (pgloader, mysql2pgsql,
and so on).

You'll have to give it a try on your databases, and then ask questions
about practical issues you run ran into.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company