Re: joined tables with USING and GROUPBY on the USING() column

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: joined tables with USING and GROUPBY on the USING() column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/7/2016 12:53 PM, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> I'll start by saying that I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...
>
> I have a query that is working fine on all my servers except one. The
> only obvious difference is that the failing one is running 9.5.3,
> while most are running 9.5.4, but since the query works on a 9.5.1 box
> I also have I can't imagine that's the cause.
>
> I can simplify the query (and still retain the error) down to:
>
> SELECT results.token FROM results INNER JOIN tokens USING(token) GROUP BY token;
>
> ERROR: column "results.token" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be
> used in an aggregate function
>
> All well and good, and I'm happy enough to change the query's GROUP BY
> to include the table name, but it's confusing me how it works OK on
> all servers except one.
>
> Is there some configuration option I'm missing?

the only thing I can think of is that 'group by token' is ambiguous, if
that was group by results.token, it would be specific.   yes, I know,
your join conditions using(token) are equivalent to saying on
results.token=tokens.token, so either token should be the same thing...