Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.

От Massa, Harald Armin
Тема Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.
Дата
Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Bill, Jennifer,

> *shared_buffers = 1024 # min 128kB or max_connections*16kB  ## Also to low.
> Right? I've got 3GB to work with!*

Assuming that's equating to 1G, then the value is about right.  Common
best practice is to set this value to 1/4 - 1/3 of the memory available
for PostgreSQL.  You're saying you'll have ~3G for PG, so 1G is about
right to start with.

"documenting" that for the wiki is still on my backlog; so, here:

shared_buffers of PostgreSQL on Windows != shared_buffers of PostgreSQL on Unix

My experience is that raising shared_memory on Windows above minimum+~20% is not helping performance; it's more effective to have that memory at Windows for caching. (at least up to server 2003)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Сообщение: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.
Сообщение: Re: Now I am back, next thing. Final PGS tuning.