Intelligent RDBMS

От ghatpande@vsnl.net
Тема Intelligent RDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello All,
I am Vijay Ghatpande from Pune, India.  I am in IT field for last 30 years and mainly in ERP design, development and
implementation.I have worked on JD Edwards, Oracle Apps and SAP. I was involved in design and development of ERP
packagecalled ISP – Integrated Software for Production. Now I am independent and started my own consultancy AMS ERP
Solutionsand work for SME industries in and around Pune. I am technical and worked from COBO, DGL to .NET, C++. I have
alsoworked as ORACLE, DB2 DBA for many years.

I have a dream project in my mind. It is on Relational Database Management. Pl read below paragraph from the angle of
usersof application developed on RDBMS.
Any application contains many tables and they are related to each other. RDBMS keeps relations. Developers, users have
toknow these relations to extract proper data and convert it into information. If multiple tables are involved then
querycan be more complex. Main problem with RDBMS is writing SQL. End users avoid SQL and thinks that this is a
technicalwork. This is limitation of RDBMS. If SQL becomes free of table and relations then l am sure everyone will
likeit.

For example MS Dynamics has many tables to store the data. We can keep this data in such a way that for developer MS
Dynamicswill be one table say MSD and user can extract any data from that table. He need not know internal table
relations.If this happens life will be easy for many.  Application development will be very easy and cost effective.
Thiscan be achieved by creating views. I am thinking of intelligent database where relations are inbuilt. If this is
availablein the product itself then domain knowledge will be in RDBMS. If SQL becomes free of table and relations then
lam sure everyone will like it. My intention is not to hide relations from users. But this will be one of the
advantagesof intelligent RDBMS. This will be next generation RDBMS. This is going to change the RDBMS, ERP world.

I am requesting you to give me feedback.

With Warm Regards,