Re: ICU for global collation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ICU for global collation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.01.22 13:54, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 18.01.22 05:02, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>>> If this is applied, then in my estimation all these hunks will
>>> completely
>>> disappear from the global ICU patch.  So this would be a significant
>>> win.
>> Agreed, the patch will be quite smaller and also easier to review.
>> Are you
>> planning to apply it on its own or add it to the default ICU patchset?
>
> My plan is to apply this patch in the next few days.

This patch has been committed.

Here is a second preparation patch: Change collate and ctype fields to
type text.

I think this is useful by itself because it allows longer locale names.
ICU locale names with several options appended can be longer than 63
bytes.  This case is probably broken right now.  Also, it saves space in
the typical case, since most locale names are not anywhere near 63 bytes.
Вложения