Re: Slow PG after upgrade to 8.2.9!!

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Slow PG after upgrade to 8.2.9!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/28/08, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope someone can urgently help. I was running 8.2.3 with a lot of
>  pleasure and no-nonsense. Very fast and delightful database that had
>  me singing paeans.
>
>  But I upgraded to 8.2.9 this morning and have had a major slowdown of
>  the DB processes. How do I begin to test what is going wrong?
>
>  I checked the log files and there are "LOG:  duration: 84533.845 ms
>  statement: " type errors messages for the simplest of queries that
>  call the indexes into question.
>
>  Nothing has ben changed on the db or in the conf files other than just
>  the RPM upgrade!
>
>  The SELECTs are taking about 85 seconds and the main INSERT to a table
>  (no binary blob or anything, just usual data!) is taking about 145
>  seconds sometimes.
>
>  How can I begin to diagnose what is wrong? Has there been a major
>  change to some CONF variables between versions 8.2.3 and 8.2.9 that I
>  should look at?
>
>  Thanks for any pointers or direction!

To add to that, some information.

CentOS 4.4 Linux
Postgresql 8.2.9 (now)
6GB RAM
Dual Core 2 Duo CPU
SATA disks RAID 1

These are my postgres.conf settings:

max_connections              = 300
shared_buffers               = 330MB
effective_cache_size         = 512000
max_fsm_relations            = 100
max_fsm_pages                = 300000

work_mem                     = 20MB
temp_buffers                 = 4096
authentication_timeout       = 10s
ssl                          = off
checkpoint_warning           = 3600

random_page_cost             = 2
autovacuum                   = on
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 20
vacuum_cost_delay            = 20
autovacuum_naptime           = 10
stats_start_collector        = on
stats_row_level              = on
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold  = 75
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 25
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor  = 0.02
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor   = 0.01

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Partitioned Tables - How/Can does slony handle it?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Restoring a database from a file system snapshot