Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?
Дата
Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
> The recommended solution is to use a regular schema-and-data dump.
> If you really have to separate schema and data, the --disable-triggers
> switch might help, though you open yourself to the possibility of

Thanks Tom.

This is the dump command being used on a 8.2.3 database on Linux:

   $ pg_dumpall > mydb.sql
   $ umask 077
   $ gzip mydb.sql

Then I download the mydb.sql.gz file into my local computer (Mac OSX
with 8.3.3) and unzip it to mydb.sql.

The local database is already created, with all tables and constraints and all.

Here is the command I use to restore:

   $ psql -d mydb -U myuser -h localhost --file=mydb.sql

Is this not the recommended method?