Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Terry Lee Tucker <terry@chosen-ones.org> wrote:

> We have all sorts of constraints and foreign keys and we have never had any
> problem with pg_restore related to dumping such that foreign keys are
> satisfied. You must have data already in the database that violates the
> restraints. You can restore in two phases; that is, by restoring the schema,
> and then the data using --disable-triggers. I'm assuming you are doing a
> binary dump. See the man page for pg_restore.

Thanks for this. I don't have any foreign key violations in my
existing database. I think the violation is happening because upon
restoring the table that is being populated checks in another table
that doesn't yet have data.

I am not using pg_restore. I am just using "psql --file=FILENAME"
syntax. Is that an issue?