Import/Export failure due to UTF-8 error in pgAdmin4 but not in pgAdmin3

От Nanina Tron
Тема Import/Export failure due to UTF-8 error in pgAdmin4 but not in pgAdmin3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am pretty new to PostgreSQL so I might just miss something basic here.

My problem is that, I cannot import or export some of the tables in my db with pgAdmin4, as it raises the “ERROR: unvalid byte-sequenz for coding »UTF8«: 0xdf 0x67“”. The table was originally created with Excel and imported via pgAdmin3. The strange thing is that it can still be imported and exported with pgAdmin3 but not with pgAdmin4. The db was created with encoding UTF-8, the .csv files where created with encoding UTF-8 and also the import/export dialog is set to UTF-8. Queries are also no problem on these tables so it seems to me that this could be a client problem.

I am running PostgreSQL 11.1 on a server (I don’t know the OS, maintained with pgAdmin4). Locally I am working on a Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit-System and pgAdmin4  3.6 & pgAdmin3.

I did not find any hint of the same problem on my Google or archive search, so I would be very grateful for any idea what I am doing wrong here.

Best,

Nanina