Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?

От Martin Goodson
Тема Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hello.

Got a bit of a weird question here : what is the state of transparent
data encryption in PostgreSQL? I was under the impression it was on the
'to do' list for PostgreSQL 14 ...

https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/faq/

Q: What features will 14 have?
A: As always, we can't be certain what will go in and what won't; the
project has strict quality standards that not all patches can make
before deadline. All we can tell you is what's currently being worked
on, which includes significant performance improvements due to
optimizations in connection handling, continued work on the pluggable
storage interface (including plugins such as zheap or zedstore), native
TRANSPARENT DATA ENCRYPTION support, continued improvements to
parallelism and partitioning, and many more features. By the time 14 is
released, though, this list may have changed considerably.

... but a colleague at work is adamant that PostgreSQL has had TDE since
2019.

Have I missed a memo somewhere?

Many thanks!
--
Martin Goodson

Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor.
I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the
constellation of Kasterborous. I am The Oncoming Storm,
the Bringer of Darkness and you are ... basically just a
rabbit, aren't you? OK, carry on, just a general ...
warning.