Re: How to have a blind-superuser

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: How to have a blind-superuser
Дата
Re: How to have a blind-superuser  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Re: How to have a blind-superuser  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Список pgsql-general
""Jim C. Nasby"" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 06:16:30PM +0800, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> > Is it possible to have a superuser who could do CHECKPOINT, BACKUP and
> > whatever but could not see any user data?
>
> Not for backup. It'd be rather tricky to allow backing up data without
> being able to read it, afterall.
>
> I believe CHECKPOINT is protected since repeatedly calling it could
> result in performance problems, but you can probably get around that if
> needed by using a security-definer function.
>
> Why do you want non-superusers to be able to checkpoint, anyway?

Basically I wonder if I can have a superuer that he has every priviliges as
he does now (create language, rotate log files, create checkpoint and
everything superuser can do) but one thing I want to make sure is that he
could not see any user data for security reason (just think my database is
filled with very important UFO data ;-)). In another word, I need a
superuser be able to maintain database but he know nothing about what in the
database. Is there a solution for this in PG?

Thanks,
Qingqing