Re: [GENERAL] Largepages in Windows

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Largepages in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/17/2017 07:20 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> Does PostgreSQL 9.4 support large pages in windows?  The setting is
> there in the postgresql.conf, but I cant tell if it is supported in windows?

Are you talking about this?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-resource.html

huge_pages (enum)

     Enables/disables the use of huge memory pages. Valid values are try
(the default), on, and off.

     At present, this feature is supported only on Linux. The setting is
ignored on other systems when set to try.

     The use of huge pages results in smaller page tables and less CPU
time spent on memory management, increasing performance. For more
details, see Section 17.4.4.

     With huge_pages set to try, the server will try to use huge pages,
but fall back to using normal allocation if that fails. With on, failure
to use huge pages will prevent the server from starting up. With off,
huge pages will not be used.

> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

Adrian Klaver