Re: Query to check existence of stored procedure?

От Alexander Scholz
Тема Re: Query to check existence of stored procedure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jim,

>> select count(*) from pg_proc where proname = 'your_function';
>>
> don't forget about schema's, you will need to join with
> pg_namespace.oid and pg_proc.pronamespace

your answer looks a little bit cryptic for me being somebody who hasn't
had to dive into the pg_... tables yet. :-)

What do you exactly mean? Could you provide me a complete query for that
job?

Is there anything to consider, if the user performing this query is NOT
the owner of the stored prodcedure? (but he needs this info as well!)

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.