Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/04/2017 09:02 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:
> Il 04/07/2017 17:39, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:

>>> So what you are saying is "in the last 5 years you've been extremely
>>> lucky?" :-)
>>
>> Your original post went back and forth on whether you where lucky in
>> the past:
>>
>> "... that's been working well in the last 5 years (and it's still
>> working, since this is a single, isolated case)"
>>
>> "As for many error I got in the past I assume we are trying to COPY
>> FROM corrupted data (when using cheap pendrives we get often this
>> error)."
> The bunch of errors I mention here is related to file management (issues
> with file copying or unzipping), sometines I had errors like
> "unrecognized Unicode character: 0xFF", and making a new backup always
> resolved the error.
> This is the very first time we have this kind of error.

One could say your current error is just a variation of the above.

> If I had the source machine I'd try to make a new backup...

That would be a useful data point, though given the above if it succeeds
it mainly proves Tom's point, that using BINARY in your situation is a
hit and miss exercise.

Have you tried doing something like?:

pg_dump -d production -U postgres -t projection  -a > proj_txt.sql

pg_dump -d production -U postgres -t projection  -a  -Z 5 > proj_txt.sql.gz

l  -h proj_txt.sql*
-rw-r--r-- 1 aklaver users 3.2M Jul  4 09:23 proj_txt.sql
-rw-r--r-- 1 aklaver users 560K Jul  4 09:23 proj_txt.sql.gz

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com