Re: [HACKERS] Increase pltcl test coverage

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Increase pltcl test coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/8/17 11:25 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> But I don't understand
> how you got the sample output shown in the patch.  Is this based
> on some unsubmitted changes in pltcl's error handling?

AFAICT you've got everything. What I had on my end is:

create function public.tcl_error_handling_test(text)
  returns text
  language pltcl
as $function$
     if {[catch $1 err]} {
        # Set keys that will change over time to fixed values
        array set myArray $::errorCode
        set myArray(funcname) "'funcname'"
        set myArray(lineno) 'lineno'
        set myArray(POSTGRES) 'POSTGRES'

        # Format into something nicer
        set vals []
        foreach {key} [lsort [array names myArray]] {
            set value [string map {"\n" "\n\t"} $myArray($key)]
            lappend vals "$key: $value"
        }
        return [join $vals "\n"]
     } else {
         return "no error"
     }
$function$
;

Maybe it's a version difference?

echo 'puts [info patchlevel];exit 0' | tclsh
8.6.6

Anyway, attached is a complete new patch that fixes that issue (and a
couple test diffs I missed :/), as well as the utf_e2u issue you
discovered. I've applied this patch to master via git apply and run it
through make check-world, so hopefully this puts the horse out to pasture.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)