Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/19/19 2:31 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 1:39 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

> Thanks, though I don't see what this shows, since there were not
> separate users involved.  So I loaded up a copy of 11.2, and discovered

Well the table was created by one user and the serial was changed to
IDENTITY by another.

> that you actually can't change the ownership of a sequence created by
> serial.
>
> ag_tz_test=# ALTER SEQUENCE t_serial_id_seq OWNER TO develop;
> ERROR:  cannot change owner of sequence "t_serial_id_seq"
> DETAIL:  Sequence "t_serial_id_seq" is linked to table "t_serial".

That is covered here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-altersequence.html

"OWNED BY table_name.column_name
The specified table must have the same owner and be in the same schema
as the sequence. ..."

Which to me means the opposite is true also.

Though you can:

"    Specifying OWNED BY NONE removes any existing association, making
the sequence “free-standing”.
"

--
Adrian Klaver