Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL

От björn lundin
Тема Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I can't seem to find out how
> to login to the database. I am using 'psql -U root' however during my
> installation there may have been a default password used which I am
> not aware of. I need to read the docs and see how to login to the
> database.

I usually do like this on a new box

sudo su -
su - postgres
createuser bnl
exit
exit
createdb bnl
psql

That is, I create a user in the db with same name as my os user (linux
here)
then I log out from pg superuser account, and go back to my
os user, and create a database with that os user name.
That is the default db that psql tries to log in to...

--
björn lundin