Re: installation problem - semaphores

От fufay
Тема Re: installation problem - semaphores
Дата
Список pgsql-general
u have to "su postgres" first,just like this:
# rehash
# su postgres
postgres$ initdb -D /usr/local1/pgsql/data
good luck!

"Yadu" <yaduonline@gmail.com> ????
Hi,
I have installed postgre-sql in directory /usr/local1/postgres
Now, I am trying to run /usr/local1/postgres/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local1/postgres/data
I got following error.

> initdb -D /usr/local1/postgres/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local1/postgres/data ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/global ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/base ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory /usr/local1/postgres/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local1/postgres/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
could not create semaphores: No space left on device
DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(1, 17, 03600).
HINT:  This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.
        It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of semaphores
(SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the respective kernel
parameter.  Alternatively, reduce PostgreSQL's consumption of semaphores by
reducing its max_connections parameter (currently 10).
        The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about
configuring your system for PostgreSQL.
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/usr/local1/postgres/data"

Since I am using Solaris OS, I may need to reboot the machine to change the
value of semmns. I don't want to do that. How can I reduce the parameter
max_connections and rerun the command?

Thank you,
Yadnyesh.

--
God is in details; specialization is god.

От: Jerry LeVan
Сообщение: MediaWiki and Postgresql?
От: "shakahshakah@gmail.com"
Сообщение: 8.1.3, libpq, PQprepare, plpgsql function, and partitioned tables