Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/02/26 5:30, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 23 February 2017 at 16:33, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'll be happy to review
>
> Patch looks OK so far, but fails on a partition that has partitions,
> probably because of the way we test relkind in the call to
> StoreCatalogInheritance1().

Thanks for the review.

I could not reproduce the failure you are seeing; could you perhaps share
the failing test case?  Here's mine that seems to work as expected:

create table p (a int, b char) partition by list (a);
create table p1 (a int, b char) partition by list (b);
alter table p attach partition p1 for values in (1);

-- add a partition to p1
create table p1a (like p1);
alter table p1 attach partition p1a for values in ('a');

create table p2 partition of p for values in (1)

\d+ p
<snip>
Partition key: LIST (a)
Partitions: p1 FOR VALUES IN (1),
            p2 FOR VALUES IN (2)

-- this works (remember that p1 is a partitioned table)
drop table p1;
DROP TABLE

\d+ p
<snip>
Partition key: LIST (a)
Partitions: p2 FOR VALUES IN (2)

> Please add a test for that so we can check automatically.

OK, done.

Thanks,
Amit