Re: support for MERGE

От Álvaro Herrera
Тема Re: support for MERGE
Дата
Re: support for MERGE  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 1, 2022, at 5:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Re-reading the modified paragraph, I propose "see X for a thorough
> explanation on the behavior of MERGE under concurrency".  However, in
> the proposed patch the link goes to Chapter 13 "Concurrency Control",
> and the explanation that we intend to link to is hidden in subsection
> 13.2.1 "Read Committed Isolation level".  So it appears that we do not
> have any explanation on how MERGE behaves in other isolation levels.
> That can't be good ...

OK, here's slightly updated wording for this, after reading the MVCC docs again. I didn't change the link to point
specificallyto read-committed, but I worded the reference to suggest that the referenced explanation is within each
isolationlevel's subsection. In reality, there's not much to say about each specific command in REPEATABLE READ and
SERIALIZABLE,but in the former I added MERGE to the list of commands.

I checked the pages for UPDATE and DELETE, to see if they had any explanation of concurrency, to use that as precedent.
Icouldn't find anything.
Вложения