Re: [GENERAL] PANIC: heap_update_redo: no block

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PANIC: heap_update_redo: no block
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote

> What we should be seeing, and don't see, is an indication of a backup
> block attached to this WAL record.  Furthermore, I don't see any
> indication of a backup block attached to *any* of the WAL records in
> Alex's printout.  The only conclusion I can draw is that he had
> full_page_writes turned OFF, and as we have just realized that that
> setting is completely unsafe, that is the explanation for his failure.

This might be the answer. I tried the fill-checkpoint-vacuum-crash sequence
as you suggested, but still a neat recovery. That's because, IMHO, even
after checkpoint, the moved page will still be saved into WAL (since it is
new again to the checkpoint) if full_page_writes is on.

Regards,
Qingqing