Re: REVOKE ALL

От David Legault
Тема Re: REVOKE ALL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Will report on it,

There isn't anything in the FAQ about changes to the ROLES that I've seen

though this line may be interesting:

%Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema objects with one command

The proposed syntax is:

GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN public TO phpuser; GRANT SELECT ON NEW TABLES IN public TO phpuser; It's marked with an % saying it's easy to implement, but isn't with a "-" so it won't be in 8.3.

Will make REVOKE and GRANT commands much easier without knowing all the objects that need to be listed to use them.

Thanks

David

On 2/21/07, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
David Legault wrote:
> I'll test all that role@db stuff and see what happens and if it works
> properly and report back on it.

Excellent - never used it myself.

> Is there a place where I can see what features were suggested and where I
> could suggest my own?

Full list, and what people are thinking about for 8.3:
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
   http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:WishlistFor83

Check the mailing-list archives before proposing a new feature - see
what others have thought of in the past. Then, think through what you
want and discuss it here before posting to the hackers list. If you're
not planning to make changes yourself, you'll either need to directly
persuade a developer, or gain enough support to convince one it's worth
their time.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Slow running to_tsvector (tsearch2 in PG 8.2.3)
Сообщение: Re: Slow running to_tsvector (tsearch2 in PG 8.2.3)