Re: First draft of back-branch release notes is done

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: First draft of back-branch release notes is done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/8/19 2:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2019-Aug-04, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>>> * Ensure that partition key columns will not be dropped as the result of an
>>> "indirect drop," such as from a cascade from dropping the key column's data
>>> type (e.g. a custom data type). This fix is applied only to newly created
>>> partitioned tables: if you believe you have an affected partition table (e.g.
>>> one where the partition key uses a custom data type), you will need to
>>> create a new table and move your data into it.
>
>> Hmm, if I have this problem, I can pg_upgrade and the new database will
>> have correct dependencies, right?  For some people, doing that might be
>> easier than creating and reloading large tables.
>
> Yeah, that should work.

I modified the copy of the announcement on the website to include the
pg_upgrade option.

https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1960/

Thanks!

Jonathan

Вложения

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Locale support
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)