Re: postgres 7.4 at 100%

От Chris Cheston
Тема Re: postgres 7.4 at 100%
Дата
Re: postgres 7.4 at 100%  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Wow, this simple query is taking 676.24 ms to execute! it only takes
18 ms on our other machine.

This table has 150,000 rows. Is this normal?

no, the machine is not running software RAID.  Anyone have any ideas
next as to what I should do to debug this? I'm really wondering if the
Linux OS running SMP is the cause.

Thanks,
Chris

live=# explain analyze SELECT id FROM calllogs WHERE from = 'you';
                                                QUERY PLAN
 Seq Scan on calllogs  (cost=0.00..136.11 rows=24 width=4) (actual
time=0.30..574.72 rows=143485 loops=1)
   Filter: (from = 'you'::character varying)
 Total runtime: 676.24 msec
(3 rows)

explain analyze for inserts is fast too.