experiences needed - how does Itanium2/1.5GHz(4MB) compare to AMD and Intel CPUs as far as Postgresql is concerned

От Tomaz Borstnar
Тема experiences needed - how does Itanium2/1.5GHz(4MB) compare to AMD and Intel CPUs as far as Postgresql is concerned
Дата
Ответы Re: experiences needed - how does Itanium2/1.5GHz(4MB) compare to AMD and Intel CPUs as far as Postgresql is concerned  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

    First tried some searching around, but did not find anything useful so I gave up and decided to ask here... I am
wondering how do pair of 1.5GHz Itanium2(4MB cache) stack up against pair of AMD or Intel server CPUs as far as
postgresql performance is concerned? Is it worthy or not?

Thanks in advance.

Tomaž