Re: How to release locks

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to release locks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I find that my killed connection server process process disappear in Status
after a long time.

> If pgAdmin's cancel is just dropping the connection, the server might
> take some time to notice it, especially if it's in the process of  running
> a query and doesn't have reason to talk to pgAdmin.

I think pgAdmin sends cancel command through postgres server main process.
So server
receives it immediately and sends it immediately to selected child process.

I don't have an idea what pgadmin cancel command exactly does.
After executing it processes remain visible in Status pane always.
I set log_statement = 'all'  in postgres.conf file but cancel command does
not wrote any entry to log file.

There is also Terminate button in Status panel but it is always disabled. I
havent found way to enable it.