Re: How do I make a timestamp column default to current time

От William ZHANG
Тема Re: How do I make a timestamp column default to current time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"zagman" <daveh@allheller.net>

> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up a simple timecard program and I need a column that
> defaults to the current time when a new row is inserted. How can I do
> this I tried setting the default to 'now' but all that does is put the
> time I created the table in each row! I'm also new to postgresql and if
> someone can give me a pointer or two in the right direction I would be
> appreciative.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

I think now() or current_timestamp both work.
But I cann't test it now:

create table foo (fno int, ftimestamp timestamp default now());
insert into foo(fno) values (1);
insert into foo(fno) values (2);
select * from foo;

Regards,