help with function

От lacou
Тема help with function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I have 2 tables where each table has a column named "comments" and the
tables are related as a one to many.  I want to concatenate all the
comments of the many side to the one side so I wrote the following
plpgsql function to do so.

<pre>
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fixcomments()  RETURNS int4 AS
$BODY$
DECLARE    mviews RECORD;    i int4;
BEGIN
    FOR mviews IN SELECT * FROM saleorder WHERE comments is not null
and comments <> '' LOOP
        -- Now "mviews" has one record from saleorder
        EXECUTE 'UPDATE sale SET comments = ' ||
quote_ident(sale.comments) || quote_ident(mviews.comments)    || ' WHERE sale.id = ' || quote_ident(mviews.sale_id);
i:= i + 1;    END LOOP;

    RETURN i;
END;
$BODY$  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

</pre>

I have the following error when I run this code:

<pre>
ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry for table "sale"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  'UPDATE sale SET comments = ' ||
quote_ident(sale.comments) || quote_ident( $1 ) || ' WHERE sale.id = '
|| quote_ident( $2 )"
PL/pgSQL function "fixcomments" line 11 at execute statement
</pre>

Doesn anybody know what I am doing wrong here ?

Lacou.