Re: Error in Postgresql after a Machine Crash

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Error in Postgresql after a Machine Crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
""Paulo Henrique Oliveira"" <baptista@gmail.com> wrote
> I was using postgres 7.2.1 in a Debian Woody server (in prodution).
> The machine crashed and when I restart it the following error occurs a lot
> in log.
> 2006-03-14 14:35:23 [11858]  ERROR:  XLogFlush: request 102/7407C864 is
not
> satisfied --- flushed only to 102/4CFEC030

This happens due to a broken LSN field on the page header. Now seems that
number is quite insane, which is much much bigger than the actual current of
WAL. If there is a lot of different complains like this (compare the
7407C864 field), then there are a lot of broken pages :-(

> How do I fix this?
Are you sure you are using 7.2.1? Now PG don't support version older than
7.3 officially. So the best way is upgrade to a newer vesion like 7.4. You
can dump your data before that.

Regards,
Qingqing

От: "chris smith"
Сообщение: Re: out of memory using Postgres with Spring/Hibernate/Java
От: "surabhi.ahuja"
Сообщение: Re: out of memory