Re: GRANT/REVOKE: Allow column-level privileges

От Raymond
Тема Re: GRANT/REVOKE: Allow column-level privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"kevin brintnall" <kbrint@rufus.net>
> (SQL99, 10.5 <privileges>, General Rules, 15-18)
>
> 15) SELECT with neither <privilege column list> nor <privilege method
>    list> specifies the SELECT privilege on all columns of T including any
>                                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    columns subsequently added to T and implies a table privilege
> descriptor

That is exactly what I wanted to point out.
We should record in some place that the grantee will have SELECT priviledge
on any newly created columns. e.g.   GRANT SELECT ON tab TO grantee;
can be represented as   <tab, grantee, table priviledge SELECT>
after REVOKE SELECT (c1) ON tab FROM grantee;   <tab, grantee, pseduo table priviledge SELECT>   <tab/c2, grantee,
columnpriviledge SELECT>   <tab/c3, grantee, column priviledge SELECT>

when ALTER TABLE tab ADD COLUMN c4 CHAR(8);
we can use   <tab, grantee, pseduo table priviledge SELECT>
to deduce:   <tab/c4, grantee, column priviledge SELECT>