Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?

От: William Yu
Тема: Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

3WARE Card performance boost?  ("Benjamin Arai", )
 Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (Alex Turner, )
  Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  ("Benjamin Arai", )
  Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (Joost Kraaijeveld, )
 Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (Alex Turner, )
 Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (William Yu, )
  Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
   Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (William Yu, )
  Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (Alex Turner, )
 Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?  (Vivek Khera, )

Benjamin Arai wrote:
> Obviously, I have done this to improve write performance for the update
> each week.  My question is if I install a 3ware or similar card to
> replace my current software RAID 1 configuration, am I going to see a
> very large improvement?  If so, what would be a ball park figure?

The key is getting a card with the ability to upgrade the onboard ram.

Our previous setup was a LSI MegaRAID 320-1 (128MB), 4xRAID10,
fsync=off. Replaced it with a ARC-1170 (1GB) w/ 24x7200RPM SATA2 drives
(split into 3 8-drive RAID6 arrays) and performance for us is through
the ceiling.

For OLTP type updates, we've gotten about +80% increase. For massive
1-statement updates, performance increase is in the +triple digits.