Re: Huge number of disk writes after migration to 8.1

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Huge number of disk writes after migration to 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Marcin" <migor@op.pl> wrote

> I suffer from huge increase in number of disk writes after migration
> from 8.0.3 to 8.1.2. The average number of sectors written increased 10
> times and transfer stays at 20MB of writes per second during work hours
> (with 20% cpu time wasted in iowait). The number of queries lasting more
> than 300ms increased thrice.

AFAICS the difference maybe related to this between 8.0 and 8.1 is the
introduction of autovacuum. But seems you didn't turn it on. Do you observed
only writes increased or both read/write? If the latter, that might be an
unoptimized query plan invloves seqscan ... Can you find out what's the
writes on?

Regards,
Qingqing