От: Michael Riess
Тема: Materialized Views
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Materialized Views  (Michael Riess, )
 Re: Materialized Views  (Frank Wiles, )
  Re: Materialized Views  (Michael Riess, )
 Re: Materialized Views  (<>, )

Hi,

I've been reading an interesting article which compared different
database systems, focusing on materialized views. I was wondering how
the postgresql developers feel about this feature ... is it planned to
implement materialized views any time soon? They would greatly improve
both performance and readability (and thus maintainability) of my code.

In particular I'm interested in a view which materializes whenever
queried, and is invalidated as soon as underlying data is changed.

Mike