Re: Error when inserting millions of records

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Error when inserting millions of records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Rudolph" <rudolph.froger@gmail.com> wrote
> Me and a friend are testing some operations for a search application in
> PostgreSQL. In version 8.1 my friend tried to copy the result of a join
> into another table, about 45.000.000 (small) records. This is the
> result:
>
> testsearch=> insert into t_documentword2 (SELECT document_id,
> t_word2.id,
> frequency from t_documentword, t_word2 where t_documentword.word =
> t_word2.word);
>       This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>       before or while processing the request.
>
> He got the same result in version 7.5.15.

Do we have a 7.5.15 version? You can get the right version using "SELECT
version();".

What's the structure of t_documentword2 and t_documentword? If you got core
dumps, it will be useful to print the backtrace.

Regards,
Qingqing