Re: EINTR error in SunOS

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: EINTR error in SunOS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Stark" <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote

> Well NFS is only going to affect filesystem calls. If there are other
> syscalls
> that can signal EINTR on some obscure platform where Postgres isn't
> handling
> it then that's just a run-of-the-mill porting issue.

Ok, NFS just affects filesystem calls(I mix it with another problem). If
possible, I hope we can draw some conclusion / schetch a fix plan here for
future developers who want to come up with a patch. The question is:
   Where and how should we fix exactly in order to incorporate intr NFS in
server side?

More details we write down here, more feasible/infeasible plan we can get. I
could think of these places:

+ direct file system calls   - open() family, fopen() family in backend/storage   - scattered open() etc in the whole
backend(seems unlink is with

biggest problem)

The problem of above is if a signal sneaks in, these syscalls will fail.
With a retry, we can fix it.

+ indirect file system calls   - system("xxx") calls, xxx = cp, etc.

If intr NFS is enabled, what's the problem exactly?

Any others?

Regards,
Qingqing