Re: Securing sensitive information

От Don Arbow
Тема Re: Securing sensitive information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <3D6E088D.5050902@mega-bucks.co.jp>,
 jc@mega-bucks.co.jp (Jean-Christian Imbeault) wrote:

> I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any definitive on how to
> secure sensitive information in a DB, postgresQL in particular.
>
> Most suggestions rely upon encrypting the data. This is all fine and
> well except for the one nagging question I keep having: how do you
> protect the password that is needed to decrypt the data? Maybe I'm
> missing something?
>
> Can anyone recommend any good web documents on how to secure sensitive
> information?

Peter Wayner has just written a book entitled "Translucent Databases"
that covers this subject. I have ordered my copy through Amazon and am
anxiously awaiting its arrival sometime this week.

Here is a link to Wayner's site about the book:
http://www.wayner.org/books/td/

Here is a review at O'Reilly (the review's author uses the
Yale/Princeton hacking episode to illustrate how the techniques in the
book would have stopped this from happening):
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/08/02/simson.html

Don Arbow

Сообщение: Re: [Pgreplication-general] Master/Slave is in town!
Сообщение: Re: [Pgreplication-general] Master/Slave is in town!