Re: pg_dump fails when it gets to table containing bytea

От codeWarrior
Тема Re: pg_dump fails when it gets to table containing bytea
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is your table really named "blob" ??? You said it fails when it gets to the
table named "blob" not somewhere in the process of dumping the table
"blob"...
There might be a clue in that... What happens if yo rename the table to
something other than an SQL reserverd word ?

Although postgreSQL doesn't have a data type of "blob" (many other RDBMS's
do, including blob and clob), there's a chance that the word "blob" is used
internally by postgreSQL for historical purposes....

From section 8.1 (Data Types) of the manual there is a possibility that
"blob" is an alias used internally by postgreSQL....

Table 8.1, "Data Types" shows all built-in general-purpose data types. Most
of the alternative names listed in the "Aliases" column are the names used
internally by PostgreSQL for historical reasons. In addition, some
internally used or deprecated types are available, but they are not listed
here.

""Carlos Oliva"" <carlos@pbsinet.com> wrote in message
Could anyone suggest something that we can check to ascertain why pg_dumps
fail?  The pg_dump for our database just started to fail this week.  Dumps
of the same database succeeded just last week.  Moreover, we can create a
new database using the database (that we are trying to dump) as a template
and the data is copied into the new database.

We are getting the following error message whe we run "pg_dump -Ft <database
name> > database.tar":
pg_dump: ERROR:  canceling query due to user request
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "blob" failed:
PQendcopy() fa
iled.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  canceling query due to user
request
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.blob (prtnbr, bkey, bdsc, btypnbr,
bcrtdte
, bcrttme, bcrtusr, bflepath, bflenam, bfleext, bsetnbr, cblob) TO stdout;