Re: FoxPro in WINE to Postgresql on LINUX?

От William Yu
Тема Re: FoxPro in WINE to Postgresql on LINUX?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Here's what I do. Once I get a good config, I just tarball my .wine dir
and untarball it for any Linux/WINE box I need to get running.

For users already running WINE w/ their own app configs already, then
copying the files manually into the appropriate dirs and then appending
the necessary text into the various config files will also work. WINE
doesn't store registry settings in Windows' binary registry format.
Instead, it's all flat text so installs are scriptable.

Andrus wrote:
> Is it possible to create zero config installation by using connecton string
> and simply including odbc dll files (odbc32.dll, odbcint.dll, odbccp32.dll )
> with application ?
>
> This is a lot simpler for end user, no manual config required.
>

> "William Yu" <wyu@talisys.com> wrote in message
>
>>MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
>>
>>>VFP will run in WINE up to VFP version 8. But the people I talk to that
>>>are doing this are using VFP's native tables. Does anyone know if it's
>>>possible to run VFP8 in WINE and connect to Postgresql on a Linux server?
>>>I think part of the question here is how would WINE emulate the ODBC to
>>>get to the Postgresql server.
>>
>>I can confirm FoxPro running under Wine/Linux can access Postgres via ODBC
>>and performs nearly comparable to FoxPro under Windows. I got 90%+
>>performance on some of my data processing programs. Where you do get
>>really slow is accessing DBFs over the network because NFS is so
>>inefficient.
>>
>>It doesn't work with UnixODBC so you need to install the Postgres Windows
>>ODBC driver under WINE. Double-click on the ODBC installer, then type:
>>wine odbcad32.exe to launch the config file.

Сообщение: Re: STL problem in stored procedures
Сообщение: Re: STL problem in stored procedures