Re: FoxPro in WINE to Postgresql on LINUX?

От Andrus
Тема Re: FoxPro in WINE to Postgresql on LINUX?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

which describes using ODBC drivers from Linux.

Andrus.

I know that there are some Visual FoxPro developers on this list who use PostgreSQl as their back-end. My question to them is...

VFP will run in WINE up to VFP version 8. But the people I talk to that are doing this are using VFP's native tables. Does anyone know if it's possible to run VFP8 in WINE and connect to Postgresql on a Linux server? I think part of the question here is how would WINE emulate the ODBC to get to the Postgresql server.

The reason for this strange question is that our corporation has standardized all custom development to be done in VFP.  We need a stable back-end and some of us are now using Postgresql as our database server. It would be really nice if we could run our client apps on Linux as well.

Thanks,
Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297

This e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s) to the original message.