Re: Collate problem

От talenat
Тема Re: Collate problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
talenat wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a mandrake 10.1 server running Postgres 8.1beta3 with hr_HR
> locale. Client is a XP with WIN1250 code page.
> When I use ORDER BY in query collation is out of order.
> I have tried with client encoding WIN1250 and LATIN2 but with no luck.
> If I use XP as a server with postgres 8.1beta3 then everything is as
> expected.
> The database is filled with with data from script made on XP with
> WIN1250 codepage.
> It looks like conversion from Latin2 to Win1250 is not correct and I
> don't know what to do.
> Any hint is welcome.
> BR

Here is an update to above.
If I execute SELECT * FROM atable ORDER BY afield then collate is wrong.
If I execute SELECT * FROM atable WHERE afield LIKE 'Š%' ORDER BY afield
then collate is OK for returned subset.
afield is a index field.
It seems to me that there is a bug here but I need to be sure if I am
not missing something.