Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Andrus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote in message
news:434672E3.3030909@amsoftwaredesign.com...
> 1.pgAdmin refuses to run in Windows 98, displays that it is compiled with
>
>>unicode support.
>>Where to find binary version of pgAdmin for Windows 98 ?
>>

> You could try PG Lightning Admin, it should work in windows 98.
> I don't have access to a win98 box to really test, but it *should* work.

My policy is to use open source or free software. So I can't use it, sorry
for that.

I tried EMS PostgreSQL Manager 3 Lite but it displays unicode incorrectly
even in XP.

Another open source project, EMULE, has excellent unicode support in Windows
98. It requires to load unicode support package from Microsoft for Windows
98.
Why this cannot be impemented in pgAdmin ?

Andrus.