Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit

От Hajo Kirchhoff
Тема Re: ODBC Driver on Windows 64 bit
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Craig,

>         I have installed the ODBC driver on Windows XP Professional
>         64bit. The installation said that it was sucessful, but I cannot
>         see the odbc driver in the ODBC data sources administrator.
>         Is there something that I have to do on Windows 64 bit to use
>         the driver?

just found this in the microsoft odbc newsgroup. Perhaps it helps:

> I solved the problem this way:  First run C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
> This will bring up the ODBC Data Source Administrator with the 32-bit drivers
> (including Microsoft Access for those of you having trouble with that)  If
> you had a driver you installed, it will show up here also.  At this point you
> set up your DSN just like you would on any other system.  Have Fun.
>
> "Giancarlo" wrote:
>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am running Windows XP x64 and .NET (x32 version).  When upgrading my
>>> Windows XP from x32 to x64 an odbc driver installation doesn't work properly.
>>>  When I go to ODBC Data Source Administrator and then click Drivers tab it
>>> does not show the odbc driver I installed.  I checked and its .dll is located
>>> here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qantel\Qicware\ODBC\bin\iwinnt but, not in Data
>>> Source Administrator thus I can't set up a DSN to access external database.
>>> Any help would be much appreciated,
>>> Giancarlo

Lit Window Library - Speed up GUI coding 10x
   http://www.litwindow.com/library?src=ml

wxVisualSetup - integrate wxWidgets into Visual Studio .NET
   http://www.litwindow.com/Products/products.html?src=ml

BugLister - Defect Tracker
   http://www.litwindow.com/buglister?src=ml

Tips & Tricks for wxWidgets & MS Visual Studio
   http://www.litwindow.com/Knowhow/knowhow.html?src=ml