Re: Spilling hashed SetOps and aggregates to disk

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Spilling hashed SetOps and aggregates to disk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/11/2018 04:25 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> Maybe that's not exactly what Tomas (or you) meant by eviction
> strategy, though.  Not sure.  But it does seem to me that we need to
> pick the algorithm we're going to use, more or less, in order to
> decide what infrastructure we need, and at least to some extent, we
> ought to let our choice of algorithm be informed by the desire not to
> need too much infrastructure.

I was using eviction strategy in a somewhat narrower sense - pretty much
just "Which groups to evict from the hash table?" but you're right the
question is more general and depends on which scheme we end up using
(just hashagg, hash+sort, something else ...)

regards