[HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists

От Tomas Vondra
Тема [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

For PostgreSQL 10 we managed to get the basic CREATE STATISTICS bits in
(grammar, infrastructure, and two simple types of statistics). See:

     https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/852/

This patch presents a rebased version of the remaining parts, adding
more complex statistic types (MCV lists and histograms), and hopefully
some additional improvements.

The code was rebased on top of current master, and I've made various
improvements to match how the committed parts were reworked. So the
basic idea and shape remains the same, the tweaks are mostly small.

regards