Re: how to tell if a pg version supports a linux distribution

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how to tell if a pg version supports a linux distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 6/5/24 1:24 PM, bruno vieira da silva wrote:
> Hello, if a pg version has been tested on the buildfarm but the pg yum
> repository doesn't have packages for a linux distribution that means
> that distribution isn't supported by pg? how can I find if linux
> distributions for a pg version have regression tests executed against.
>
> e.g. : postgresql 16 doesn't have packages on yum for centos 7 but I can
> find tests on the buildfarm for it.
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/index.html
> <https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/index.html>

https://yum.postgresql.org/news/rhel7-postgresql-rpms-end-of-life/

" PostgreSQL RPM repo stopped adding new packages to the RHEL 7 repo as
of Aug 2023, including PostgreSQL 16.

We will maintain older major releases until each major release is EOLed
by PostgreSQL project. Please visit here for latest release dates for
each major release.

If you have any questions, please either email to
pgsql-pkg-yum@lists.postgresql.org, or create a ticket at our redmine. "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com