Re: MAX without FROM

От Angshu Kar
Тема Re: MAX without FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Scott. I've used another way of getting the max - I've used order by desc in my inner query and selected top 1 to get the max value ...

On 1/12/06, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 13:14, Angshu Kar wrote:
> What are 1 ,2 and 3 in your query?
>
> Here is my inner query which returns a set of min values. I want to
> get the max out of the returned mean values...
>
> select min(evalue) as M from distance where query_id
> in (select entry_id from partition where partition = 849)
>
> On 1/12/06, Scott Marlowe < smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:
>         On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 12:58, Angshu Kar wrote:
>         > Hi,
>         >
>         > Can I use Select max(a field returned from another query)?
>         > say, another query returns say 10,1,2,3,6,7
>
>         Does this form help you:
>
>         select max(a) from (select 1 as a union select 2 union select
>         3) as b;

The select 1 as a union ... part was just showing where you could put a
REAL query that had multiple rows.

Where is your evalue coming from, is that from partition?  If so, you
might be better off with a join of some kind.  Maybe if you explain a
little more what your data sets are and what you're trying to get from
them...

--
Ignore the impossible but honor it ...
The only enviable second position is success, since failure always comes first...