Unsubscribe

От Angshu Kar
Тема Unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Could anyone let me know how to unsubscribe?

Thanks,
Angshu

On 10/24/05, William Yu <wyu@talisys.com> wrote:
MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
> VFP will run in WINE up to VFP version 8. But the people I talk to that
> are doing this are using VFP's native tables. Does anyone know if it's
> possible to run VFP8 in WINE and connect to Postgresql on a Linux
> server? I think part of the question here is how would WINE emulate the
> ODBC to get to the Postgresql server.

I can confirm FoxPro running under Wine/Linux can access Postgres via
ODBC and performs nearly comparable to FoxPro under Windows. I got 90%+
performance on some of my data processing programs. Where you do get
really slow is accessing DBFs over the network because NFS is so
inefficient.

It doesn't work with UnixODBC so you need to install the Postgres
Windows ODBC driver under WINE. Double-click on the ODBC installer, then
type: wine odbcad32.exe to launch the config file.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend